Sunday, August 19, 2012

Cleveland Clinic: Day 3


One the third floor in the hospital there's a Ronald McDonald Family room with couches, recliners, and snacks. I go there at least once a day to get out of our room, clear my brain for a few minutes, and grab a free snack. I met a precious 6-month old baby girl who is very yellow. She's waiting on a liver transplant. She has to stay in the hospital until she gets a new liver... or doesn't. That put some things in perspective in the most blunt, painful way possible! Seizures are awful! But at least Philippe isn't waiting on a liver...

Today's appointment was with a genetic counselor. I filled out a questionnaire that basically says no one in either sides of our families has ever had epilepsy, and there's NO possible way Marcel and I could be related. They always ask, and I always laugh :) 
On Friday we'll meet with another doctor that does metabolic and DNA tests and they'll collaborate to decide what tests we'll do on Philippe so we can determine if seizures might be in the future for our other children.

No comments:

Post a Comment