Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Heading to Cleveland

So this Saturday it's the big day! I'm dropping off Candice, Philippe, Belle, and Crystle at the SLC airport so that they can head to the Cleveland Clinic. They'll be there for approximately 2 weeks if I'm right, and hopefully I'll be able to fly out there for the last two days and help Candice fly back.

I'm definitely nervous, I don't know what to expect and I'm not very fond of being away from my wife and kids for that long. I can't stop thinking about what it will be like while they're there and what the doctors will say. I love my Philippe, and hope that we can find some answers for him. He is my little bud. Whenever I come home from work the nights I don't work at the restaurant he gets so happy to see me. He gives me the biggest smile, claps and walks as fast as he can, reaching with his arms straight up so i will lift him up and give him a hug.

The other day I was looking at some pictures of him when he was barely 3 months old, before any of this seizure-nightmare had happened and I got a little teary eyed. The going through all the other memories I thought about how I use to wonder if he was ever going to use his arms again, if he would learn how to crawl, and walk, and play. I'm amazed at how strong he is and how far he has gone. He is a fighter! I can't wait for the time when I can have a conversation with him. I love you son!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment