Friday, August 24, 2012

Cleveland Clinic: On our way home!


We are heading home!!!




This morning I had just walked in the kitchen when I heard Joy say "hello" then out of nowhere Brendan ran up and gave me the biggest hug! It was awesome!!! I seriously love that kid! 



All week Joy has been asking Philippe to give her "five". He doesn't just hand those out, but today he was giving her "fives" and loving it!



I finished up laundry and packing, got all ready to go, then it was off to the airport! I checked everything except the diaper bag and stroller, we made it through security, then went to sit at our gate to wait :)

All strapped up on his seat in the plane to Charlotte

Ready for her 3rd flight, this time, going home!

With some help from strangers (which I was completely willing to accept this time, instead on automatically saying "no, I'm ok" like I usually do) we got onto the flight. A sweet flight attendant held Belle while I buckled Philippe. The plane had 20 empty seats, so the guy next to us moved to an empty seat. I was not at all offended by that, it gave me more space :) Thankfully, the flight was perfectly boring and we made it to Charlotte!


In Charlotte Belle was sleeping in the stroller so I walked a few steps behind as Philippe run around (close to the stroller, of course!) and entertained everyone to pass the time in our 3-hour layover :)



An hour before the flight I went to the counter and the lady told me the plane was completely full! She said I'd have to sit down and wait. I called Marcel and he started to freak out!

I called our friend that's letting us use the buddy passes and she said there were empty seats, and that we should be fine. The lady at the podium made an announcements for "parties of 2 to come to the podium". A couple came up and I was sitting close enough to hear the lady ask them if they would mind switching seats to the exit row. They agreed. I was hoping she asked them to switch so we could have their seats. A while later she called me up, so I walked over and she handed me our tickets! Two seats together in row 4 :)

We boarded the plane and the guy next to me held Belle while I buckled Philippe. Instead of me thinking "how am I going to do this alone?!" I had the mind set "strangers WILL help me, they don't have a choice". But the guy next to me seemed perfectly happy with holding my beautiful, sweet baby a few times when Philippe needed me for something. 




We made it to salt lake!!! We are SO happy to be home!

1 comment:

  1. Bienvenidos a casa.. reciban un fuerte abrazo de su familia Cochegrus PĂ©rez
    Que Dios los bendiga.

    ReplyDelete